Hydrangeas

Hydrangeas
Bella

Saturday, October 2, 2010

poinsettias are finally completely spaced out....

As mentioned last week, my timing of removing the shade, in conjunction with 95 plus degree sunny days (interior of greenhouse topped over 100 degrees) led to some yellowing.

After checking my water alkalinity and testing the poinsettia's Ph I found that the Ph is too high.  It is a tad over 7.  Today, we started injecting a 21-7-7 Acid fertilizer at 300 ppm.

Also, this week saw the temps start dropping and we are headed for the 40's.  Over the past couple days I have been working on the heating system.  Plastic, rubber and extreme greenhouse temperatures don't always make for the best conditions.  I knew I had some broken micro-tubing fittings, so those were repaired.  The boiler needs a cleaning and I will work on that next week.  However, this weekend the poinsettias will stay at ideal night time temperatures.

Also, we transplanted the white hydrangeas.  So in addition to seeing the poinsettias progress this fall, you can follow and watch the Christmhas hydrangeas grow

Bench 12
White Hydrangeas
Repaired micro tube elbow?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment