Hydrangeas

Hydrangeas
Bella

Friday, July 2, 2010

Poinsettia Roots forming



I have two benches of poinsettias, the first group is Ecke Prestige Red and Early Prestige Red. These poinsettias concerned me because I was losing a lot of leaves and have experienced some rotting.

The other bench is Selecta poinsettias (different hybridizer) and those poinsettias have looked wonderful. I have lost leaves, but nothing like the first group.

The only difference is that the first group was stuck June 15 while the second group was stuck June 24.

This morning I walked out to the poinsettias and started pulling a few of the first bench poinsettias out from the trays. The good news is even though the plants don't look as nice as the second group, they are starting to show roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment