Hydrangeas

Hydrangeas
Bella

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4-July2012 poinsettia propagation update

Here are a few pictures that I took yesterday.  After almost 2 weeks, we are seeing the bottom stem callus and a few actually rooting.  This year's poinsettias look fantastic.  I think part of the reason is that I increased the use of a wetting agent to keep the cuttings hydrated.  We are experiencing 100 plus degree days, but with the added shade, wetting agent, misting duration have had very little problem.  Inside the greenhouses temperatures read mid 80's with 50-60 percent humidity.

6900 poinsettia cuttings

Rooted Cutting

Callused Cutting

Callus

3 comments:

  1. I just flattered with this blog as it has all the informative florists information for every one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here. flower delivery st petersburg russia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! flowers to ukraine

    ReplyDelete